Tuesday, June 9, 2009

A Biblical View of Wealth

I am persuaded that the Bible teaches a form of Christian capitalism—responsibility associated with wealth. It does not promote the possession of money for the sake of money, but instead encourages us to use money for the sake of the kingdom.



A Biblical view of wealth involves having an eternal perspective. It is crucial that we understand Psalm 24:1 “The earth is the LORD’s and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it.” God is the landlord; we are just tenants. We didn’t arrive with them and we won’t take them with us; they all belong to God. So it’s important for us to live with eternity in mind and live our life here below as responsible stewards. Whether we have a little or a lot, God at the judgment will richly reward us.



The Bible chronicles the very prayer of David who considered it a privilege to give to the work of the Lord. He said, “But who am I and who are my people that we should be able to give as generously as this? Everything comes from you, and we have given you only what comes from your hand…And now I have seen with joy how willingly your people who are here have given to you.” (I Chron. 29:14, 17)



There’s no telling what we can accomplish in our generation, if we too can catch the joy of contagious giving. Not only would we be empowered to spread the gospel around the globe but we might yet leave an indelible mark on the 21st century. We can make a difference. During our recent Listener Appreciation Week, we thanked so many people who give sacrificially to our ministry.



To listen to these shows, please go Bible Answer Man tab on our website at www.equip.org and click on “Listen to the Bible Answer Man show”. To give to Listener Appreciation Week, please go to (http://www.equip.org/site/listener_appreciation_week) or call us at 1-888-700-0724. Also please check one of our newest resource What is Truth?

4 comments:

James from Ohio said...

Amen Brother! While I believe some people are blessed with monitary wealth most are not because they can't handle it. Basicly the word does teach us that if we follow God he will reward us! But,to many times we mistake it as dollar signs. I have been greatly blessed when I don't deserve it. I've had provision when there shouldn't be any and I live paycheck to paycheck. You get the point. I have health issues but I'm still here! I have a great church assembly and most important of all, I have salvation! Yes, I'm wealthy but not as the world or others would think.

cdowis75 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
cdowis75 said...

I realize this is off-topic, but I ran across this announcement recently.

Mormons Apologetic Conference

FAIR will hold its eleventh annual conference on Thursday and Friday, 6-7 August, at the South Towne Exposition Center in Sandy, Utah. Speakers include Ronald O. Barney, Matthew B. Brown, Brant Gardner, John Gee, Ugo A. Perego, and Daniel C. Peterson. Topics include understanding Mormon history, Brigham Young’s teachings on Adam, the Book of Abraham, everything anyone wanted to know about plural marriage, why Joseph Smith translated the Book of Mormon with a rock in his hat, DNA and the Book of Mormon, and the place for apologetics in Mormonism. For more information concerning the conference, presenters and topics, please go to www.fairlds.org or contact Scott Gordon at 530-356-2070

(In the interest of full disclosure, I am a member of the LDS church and posted this because I thought some may find this of interest)

Boris said...

Intelligent people disregard whatever people who claim to wearing magic underwear say.